The Big Tower of Torregrande, is in the seaside town just a few miles from Oristano, is a tower built between 1542 and 1572 and was meant to protect the port to the city through the mouth of Tirso.
The Big Tower is cylindrical and is the most impressive among the Sardinian coastal towers. Its construction was financed by the Spanish court and the clergy.
On the highest part of the Big Tower there is a signal lighthouse still in operation.
The map to the Big Tower of Torregrande: