The Statue of Eleonora d’Arborea in Oristano, is located in the center of the homonymous square, right in the historic center of the city.
The Statue is attributed to the work of two Florentines, Ulisse Cambi and the architect Mariano Falcini, and was inaugurated with a solemn ceremony in 1881.
In the left hand, the Giudicessa holds a rolled parchment: it represents the Carta de Logu, the important legal document promulgated in 1392. At the foot of the statue, in the beautiful bronze bas-reliefs, the Aragonese field was sculpted In the Castle of Sanluri and the promulgation of the Carta de Logu.
The lions to his hips cling to the coat of arms representing the oak, symbol of the judgment of Arborea and Oristano.
Eleonora d’Arborea, or Eleonora de Bas-Serra, judge of Arborea (Born in 1345 or 1347 and died in 1403-1404) lived during the most glorious and controversial period of Sardinia.
The map to the Statue of Eleonora d’Arborea