The Church and Monastery of Carmine Oristano, according to the scholars one of the greatest expression of Baroque style in Sardinia, was built between 1776 and 1785 by then-famous architect Giuseppe Viana. Made at the expense of the Marquis of Arcais, Don Damiano Nurra, was under the care of the Order of the Carmelites until 1866, when it was confiscated by the Sabaudo Kingdom, as well as all ecclesiastical goods.
The Baroque Church and Monastery of Carmine Oristano is built on a ovoid plant and features four chapels plus the main altar, while the Monastery is in its interior and features an elegant quadrangular cloister with a side path with sailboats.
From 1962 to 1986 he hosted the Barracks of the Carabinieri Society of Oristano and currently has 2 seconded offices of the Universities of Sassari and Cagliari.
Here the map to the Church and Monastery of Carmine Oristano: